Preparing for the Next Pandemic: Lessons From the 2017-18 Flu Season
Time & Location
About The Event
Last year's flu season was one of the deadliest in years and exposed our vulnerability to a pandemic.
A panel of the world's leading flu experts will discuss what happened and how we can prepare for the next global outbreak. Presented by The Task Force for Global Health and GGHA.
Dr. Lisa Koonin is deputy director of CDC’s Influenza Coordination Unit (ICU), which operates within CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD). She and her team work with groups across the agency to coordinate CDC’s pandemic flu planning efforts.
- Dr. Silvia Bino, Head of the Control of Infectious Diseases and Immunization Department of the Albania Institute of Public Health
- Dr. Sandra Ford, District Health Director and Chief Executive Officer of the DeKalb County Board of Health
- Dr. Marie Mazur, Vice President Pandemic Response Solutions at Seqirus
- Ms. Ann Moen, Chief, Influenza Preparedness and Response World Health Organization
- Dr. Joe Bresee, Director, Partnership for Influenza Vaccine Introduction, The Task Force for Global Health (moderator)
RSVP TO: email@example.com